2.17.2013

Love Is In The Air

I have always had a sweet place for Valentines day in my heart.  I look forward to the flowers, treats, kind words, cards, celebrations, rosy cheeks, pink lips, dolled up girls, sweet men and happiness surrounding love.  This year I wanted to do something special for my family to show how much I love them.  So......I cut out HUNDREDS of hearts and heart attacked every room in our home.  It was an explosion of pink and red!  I also woke up early to make heart shaped french toast lathered in NUTELLA (a personal favorite), peanut butter, syrup, cool whip and strawberries.  I filled my day with all things LOVE.  I watched romantic movies, spent lunch with one of my best friends laughing so hard we were brought to tears, throwing valentines parties in EVERY dance class I taught, eating a heart shaped pizza for dinner and going out for a night of treats and laughter with a sweet guy.  It was a happy day.  What can I say, I love.... LOVE.  This is a video of snippets from the day (because I always have a camera on hand and have to make a video of anything semi-interesting).



I thoroughly enjoy the celebration side of Valentines day, but that is not the reason I look forward to it.  My mom has always made it a point to celebrate our love as a family on Valentines day.  Although I like to think we do this every day, it is always nice to have a special day for it.  My family is my everything.  I wish I could express how much I love them in words but it is simply impossible.  I do try to show my love for them everyday though with smiles, conversations and my favorite, hugs.  I like to think LOVE is the glue of this gospel.  It holds everything together and keeps us strong. It is through love we teach, learn, repent, serve and change.  One of my favorite scriptures comes from 1 John Chapter 4.  All of it is excellent but verse 8 says something special to me.  "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." Out of everything that could be said following the words "God is", love was used.  I hope we can always remember the importance of pure love.




1 comment:

  1. This post is perfect. It is so... you. Such a cute video, makes me wish I would have celebrated valentine's day with you.
    I LOVE you, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete