12.25.2011

December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

I can't believe it has already arrived and is almost over.  For me, the best part of Christmas is the buildup.  I love the music, the movies (Charlie Brown especially!), the lights, the parties, the service, the cards, the shopping, the cooking and of course time with my family.  This year I fit it all in! Christmas provides a great opportunity to serve those around you.  I want to share a family tradition of ours that I absolutely love. 
Every year before Christmas my extended family gathers together and decorates LOTS of sugar cookies. After we are done decorating, everybody piles into cars and we head off to the Nursing home in Lehi, Utah.  There we deliver our cookies and sing a selection of Christmas songs.  Looking around at my family as we sing, I can't help but notice that everyone is smiling.  Service truly is such a great way to invite the Spirit into your life.  I am grateful for my opportunity to provide this service with my family each year. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas full of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment