1.01.2012

January 1, 2012

It has been a challenging and exciting year.  I have learned a lot and lived some of my dreams! I look forward to this New Year and working towards accomplishing all I can dream up for myself.  I recently read a quote given by Howard W. Hunter that has inspired me to do more good this year.  He said, “This year, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and the speak it again.”.  What a beautiful challenge for the New Year!  I hope we can all make it a goal to do more good in the world this year.  I wish you all a very Happy New Year!! 
 

1 comment: