1.15.2012

January 15,2012

I nearly forgot to post today!  I remembered right as I was slipping in to bed, so I am going to make it a quick one.  Classes started this week and it feels great to be learning again!  I have missed the challenge and progression I experience from taking class.  In one of my classes this week we talked about the ordinary becoming extraordinary.  What a cool expression.  We were specifically talking about dance during this class but, I think our discussion can relate to all areas of life.  My favorite statement made during the discussion was, "it's okay to make mistakes."  If you know me, you know I am a complete perfectionist!  I need to remember it's okay to make mistakes.  It's okay to try something new and not be great at it.  It's okay to goof up and do something dorky.  It's okay to not always succeed.  Another statement that really struck me was "Our patterns can become our prisons."  What an important concept to understand when trying to change the ordinary into extraordinary.  We all have our own patterns. They are what help us stay on track and accomplish daily tasks but, if we don't on occasion take a risk, and break out of that pattern, we will become stuck.  Every one of us has the potential to be extraordinary. So do it!  Make a mistake, take a risk, live a dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment