1.29.2012

January 29, 2012

For those of you who have never seen the T.V. show Once Upon a Time I suggest you start!  It has become my new obsession.  It is now tradition to make a tasty snack, snuggle up with a good blanket and watch the new episode each Sunday.  I hope you all watch it and enjoy it!
Today at church my bishop taught class during the third hour.  We laughed, we cried and we felt the spirit.   Something he said during the lesson really struck me.  He said "Don't get stuck in the thick of thin things."  Such a clever way to look at this issue.  To me this means don't get caught up in unimportant, shallow or small things.  I think it is very easy to stress, over-think or become consumed by things we either have no control over or things that are of little importance.  I am known to sweat the small stuff!  Learning to not get "stuck", or let those "thin" things dominate my time is something I need to work on.  Life becomes much more enjoyable when we occupy our time with meaningful thoughts and actions.  Finding out what is important to you, and then living in a way that reflects that is what brings forth true happiness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment