3.18.2012

March 18, 2012

Well spring break has now come to an end, and I must say, it has been a success! It has been a fun filled week spent with family and friends. The best part of my break (by a long shot!) was attending my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary.We spent the night recreating my wonderful grandparents wedding reception, cake and all! Dinner was served alongside a beautiful program at the exquisite Lion House. The night was full of smiles, laughter and a few tears due to the overwhelming feeling of love. My cheeks hurt from too much smiling after my dad and his siblings shared their favorite memories of their parents (my poor grandparents had to raise some wild ones!). I am so blessed to have such wonderful examples of true and eternal love in my life. After 50 years my grandparents are in love as much as ever. I will be forever grateful for the decision they made to marry in the temple, make and keep those sacred covenants with their Heavenly Father and raise children in the gospel. They have truly blessed my life and continue to every day. What I have learned from this weekend is to always live in a way to be worthy of a temple marriage that will last forever! It will always be worth a wait.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely! You are such a wonderful young woman with a sweet, deep testimony of the Gospel. Thank you for sharing this. I wish we could have been there for your Grandparents' anniversary celebration! Did Dave and Carol make it to the party? I hope so! We hope to visit Utah this summer, but no definite plans yet. We hope school is going well for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such kind words! They sure did, it was great to have them there. We would all love to see your family again this summer. Hope it happens! Lots of love sent your way.

      Delete