4.01.2012

April 1, 2012

I woke up this morning to the fire alarm going off and my daddy yelling "FIRE!" I then proceeded to roll over in my bed, stick my earphones in and fall back asleep. I think it is safe to say my dad wasn't fooling anyone with that one! I think it's also safe to say we are all very fortunate there wasn't really a fire. That could have been bad!

I hope you all had a chance to listen to General Conference this weekend and feel of the sweet spirit that accompanied it. I now have lots to work on and think about. General Conference always gives me motivation "to try a little harder to be a little better". A quote I have recently stumbled upon that has given me this same motivation is from President Hinckley. He said "You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class. There is no need for you to be a scrub. Respect yourself. Do not feel sorry for yourself. Do not dwell on unkind things others may say about you. Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life and look for its opportunities." I plan on taking the challenge to "Love life and look for its opportunities" as well as to follow the words spoken at General Conference. Oh how blessed we are!


No comments:

Post a Comment