5.27.2012

May 27, 2012

This week I have tried several different recipes. Some I loved, and let’s just say others I will not be making again. I wanted to share one of my new favorite recipes for a Banana Oatmeal smoothie! Blend together 1 banana, 1 cup of ice, 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 T chopped almonds, 1/2 cup milk (I like rice milk) and a pinch of cinnamon. This smoothie is filling, healthy and very tasty!
"You have exactly one life in which to do everything you'll ever do. Act Accordingly." - Colin Wright. My brothers and I have a little joke about the popular word/phrase yolo or you only live once. We have started to use it as a justification to eat that second piece of cake or wear pajamas all day. My personal favorite though is using it to get out of trouble. (Which of course rarely happens because we are all model children ;) ) Despite our joking tendencies, when I came upon the quote stated above by Colin Wright I became excited. I began to think of all the things I want to do during this life. The places I wanted to travel, the people I wanted to meet and the food I HAD to try! Then I thought, I am living life now! Therefore I need to travel those places, meet so many people and eat until I can't anymore, now! YOLO, do it right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment