3.24.2013

Bushman Reunion 2013

Last week my family made the 16 HOUR DRIVE (yes, I thought I was going to die) to Texas to attend the annual Bushman Reunion.  It is always so good to see all of the family.  We do what one would expect at a family reunion - visit, play games, enjoy late nights and eat, A LOT.  The theme this year was Missionary work. How appropriate! We all were given a "mission call" before arriving and asked to prepare facts, meals,scriptures, skits and memories (if you had already served a mission). It was fun to hear about my Uncles and Papa's missionary experiences, as well as look at souvenirs/pictures from their missions.  All 41 of us attended Sacrament together and got to hear from my Nana and Papa before leaving on their mission to Martins Cove. I am very grateful for their examples and testimonies.  They both carry the spirit with them where ever they go.  The older cousins sang a medley of Sisters in Zion and Army of  Helaman in sacrament.  The spirit during that song consumed me.  It was so powerful to sing what I believe with people I love.  I miss all my family already and will always remember this reunion. 

This has to be one of my favorite videos yet!  I have the CUTEST family.




Silly faces with little Grace
Some of "The Men"


 Carlee after surgery for appendicitis....not the best start to the trip. She was positive the whole way through though.
This girl was giving me loves the whole trip.
 Smartest boy in the family.
 The "BIG" kids.

 Still not really sure what is going on here ;) Laughs for days.
Papa sporting the cap.
 This is how it is supposed to be worn.  Fashion Police approve Tyler!
 Just one of Papa's many treasures. Branson was in heaven.
Who needs cell phones?
 The missionaries - Nicaragua and Martins Cove.
 The WHOLE family.


3 comments:

  1. Savannah, I love this post! What a great recap to an absolutely GREAT reunion. Thanks so much for capturing all the fun.
    Love you so much, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah!! This video is awesome! We need one of these for every get together. Thank you so much. I'm going to show it to my kids today when they get home from school, they will love it!! You did a great job and I love the song you chose.

    Love ya,
    Aunt Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my favorite video ever...it shows our family perfectly! My kids love it too, thank you for sharing it. We love you!

    ReplyDelete