4.11.2013

Night Sky


Something about the night sky is so promising.
The moon and the stars never let me down.
I know every night, no matter where in the world I am, they will come out and pour their light over my skin. They will sprinkle light over the skin of those I miss around the world as well.
They protect my loved ones for me when we are apart.
The stars keep me from feeling alone.
Something about the night sky makes me wonder about.....forever.
I feel like I could swim through the sky, tip toe on the stars and lay on the moon for eternity.
Mystery and possibility draw me to it over and over again.
I feel like the stars come out each night to give me comfort and a reminder that we are all living in the same world.
Everyone sees the same stars and the same moon.
The moon and the stars remind me of him.
They help me remember the crisp night air and the warm embrace of his arms.
 They remind me of his whispers, our regretful and impossible goodbyes and the quiet "I love you's".
They remind me of the many nights they kept us company as we laid and admired them in each others arms.
The dark sky helps me hold on to the nights we danced by the light of the moon and talked quietly til morning.
The stars remind me of the perfect night we spent walking along the beach, dancing on the balcony and watching fireworks over the ocean.
They remind me of the night he played piano for me until I felt like I was floating.
They remind me he is still there,
 looking at the same moon and same stars.
 Just in a different place....
The stars understand that we are not alone and help us through the hard times.
Stars help me remember there is much more out there than my small worries.
There is an entire universe of happenings going on.
So it is okay to "let it go", be a little irresponsible and take risks.
It is okay to not have it all together because no one else looking up at the stars does either.
They give everyone something beautiful to look forward to at the end of each day.
And the night sky holds all the possibility of a wonderful tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment