12.04.2011

December 4, 2011

As many of you know I am a music junky!  I love love love the beauty of music.  This week my testimony of the power of music was strengthened.  I find it very difficult not to feel the spirit when the hymns are being sung.  This week I attended the BYU Christmas Choir Concert with my family.  There was such a sweet spirit in the air that afternoon as I sat with my family and listened to the prayers being sung by the choir.  I am grateful for all the hard work of those choirs and their willingness to share their talents. 
"Inspiring music may fill the soul with heavenly thoughts, move one to righteous action, or speak peace to the soul."
-- President Ezra Taft Benson, Ensign, Nov. 1974, 67

This Friday was my mom's birthday.  She is AMAZING! I don't know why I got so lucky to have her as my mom, but I am very grateful I do!  For her birthday I gave her a jar full of 50 reasons I love her.  It was all too easy to come up with 50 reasons.  I love her so much!  I am grateful for the knowledge and blessing of eternal families.  I can't imagine not being with her or the rest of my family forever. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment