2.12.2012

February 12, 2012

Okay I just have to start off by saying, I LOVED The Vow!!  A beautiful story and a great film.  I hope you all go see it.  You won't be disappointed!  After seeing the movie with my mom, my own father even admitted it wasn't bad for a chick flick, and that's really saying something.  (Don't tell him I said that though!  And if you do he will most likely deny it haha.)
Today I have been thinking a lot about comparison.  I have a nasty habit of comparing myself to others.  What good does this do?  None!  By constantly comparing looks, talents, possessions and lives with those around us, we convince ourselves that we are coming up short.  However, this is not the case.  We all are living with different challenges, circumstances, talents and goals.  Comparing our life and our accomplishments to someone else will never bring us happiness.  Instead why not direct that comparison to our past and present self.  When you find yourself comparing yourself to someone else stop and ask a few questions.  What are my victories this year compared to last year?  What am I doing today that I couldn't have done a year ago?  What am I doing to direct my life in the direction I want to go?  Doing this makes a lot more sense to me.  Don't let comparison steal your joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment