4.22.2012

April 22, 2012


"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears or the sea." Well now ain't that the truth! This week I got my fair share of salt water. Including the sea! My mom and I took a quick trip to California and spent some much needed time at the beach. It was perfect. I was lucky enough to spend an entire afternoon with one of my favorite people at one of my favorite places. And you better believe we both have some gnarly sun burns to prove we were in fact there!
Lately I have been thinking quite a bit about what it means to be a friend to all. On several occasions this week I have had strangers say hello, ask for advice on a purchase, give me a compliment or simply strike up a conversation about life. What a refreshing experience. I think it is all too easy to get caught up in our daily activities and forget to acknowledge all that is around us. It is a disappointment to think I may have missed out on what someone has to offer because I was too busy to say hello. How easy is it to say hello to the person in line behind you or sit by someone new in class? I'll tell you. Very easy! So why don't we do it? This week I have made the goal to be friendlier. So simple and so rewarding. Who knows what I might discover this week by stepping out of my comfort zone!


No comments:

Post a Comment